What is ‘ACADEMY’
ACADEMY is a marketplace script for online learning. Here students and teachers are combined together for sharing knowledge through a structured course based system. Teachers or instructors can create unlimited number of courses, upload videos and documents according to their expertise and students can enroll to these courses and make themselves skilled anytime and from anywhere.
So start selling your courses by installing ACADEMY and make your online business today.
It is a UDEMY clone!
Quick start guide for course instructor/admin
Read all our provided documentation carefully before using the software
Install the application following “Installation and Update” guide carefully
Login as site administrator to organize your system
At first update your System Settings and Payment Settings from Settings option of the left sidebar menu. Also make sure to provide a valid YouTube API key and a valid Vimeo API key on System Settings.
If you have updated the Settings successfully, you can go to Categories option from the same left side bar menu and create Categories.
After creating Category, you can create Sub-categories under a specific Category. For creating Sub-categories you can go to Categories page, select a specific category, click on Action dropdown menu and select Manage Sub-categories. It will take you to the Sub-categories page. Now you can simply click on “+Add Sub Category” button and fill all the required fields to create a Sub-category.
Now its time to create some Courses. Since a course will contain all the video lessons you have to create it carefully. Move to Courses option from the left menu, You will get a “Add Course Form” after clicking on “+Add Course” button. Fill all the fields carefully
Every Course should have at least one Section. Because at the end you will have to add a lesson under a specific section of a specific course. So, now you will have to create at least one section. Move to Courses page, select a specific course, click on action dropdown menu and select Manage Section. After clicking on Manage Section you will get the list of Section which is empty now. You have to create one by clicking the “+Add Section” button
As you have created a Course and a section or multiple sections, now you will be able to create a lesson. Now lets move to the Course page again, select a specific course, click on Action dropdown button, select Manage Lesson. It will also show the list of lessons that you’ve created. To add new you can just click on “+Add Lesson” button
Quick start guide for course students
Since the application has been already installed. Student can access the website by simply hitting the application URL
Home page will appear every time a student hits the url. From the home page a student can search for a specific course, get all the top courses, top ten latest courses, get category based courses. A student can sign up if he/she is not registered yet. If a student is already registered he/she can log in. Student can add courses on their Shopping Carts or add them on their Wishlists
Student can see the course details by simply clicking on a course thumbnail. Course details page contains all the essentials information about a course like, Title, Description, Outcomes, The prerequisites of the course, Lesson list Instructor details and the rating and reviews. User can see a course overview here
If Student want to buy course they must add those courses on their cart
After adding a course on Shopping cart if a student wants to see their cart items, they can to go to the Shopping Cart page by clicking on Go To Cart button, which appears on hovering over the cart icon of the header
Student can remove courses if they want from the shopping cart page
On the right side of the shopping cart page is the total price of the cart items. Under that is the Checkout button. If student want to checkout they can simply click on the Checkout button and pay for those courses
After a successful checking out student can see their courses on the My Courses menu. Student will get the My Courses button by hovering over their profile image from the header
My Courses page will show all the courses which is purchased by that student. Student can play the lessons by clicking on the thumbnail from the My Courses page
version 1.1 – November, 2018
[ backend ]
* Status Wise course creating.
* Show number of courses by status on Dashboard as well as on Admin navigation menu.
* Made managing sub category more comprehensive on category page.
* Added icon picker on Category and sub category add and edit form
* Added an instructor filter on course table.
* Separated Active and Pending courses status wise inside the course page.
* Admin now has an option of “View Course on Frontend” inside course page.
* Admin now can make a course Active as well as Pending.
* Made Course overview url optional while creating a course.
* Made Course thumbnail optional while creating a course.
* Made generating Lesson’s video duration more understandable.
* Added an optional Payment information field for Student. While creating and editing student. It is required for Instructors only.
* Added Enrol a Student option. Now admin can enrol a student manually from the backend.
* A new navigation menu “Report" has been added.
* Admin now can see all the revenue he got after a successful course purchasing.
* Admin now can see all the revenue an Instructor got after a successful course purchasing.
* Admin now can pay instructors.
* Made Updater module functional for future updates.
* Added two different Logo Uploader. One for backend another for Frontend.
* Added Favicon uploader.
* Added Instructor settings inside Settings option.
* Fixed the “Action” Button breaking on small devices.
* Dynamic footer text.